Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why Can't I Read??

I'm so bummed. I found out from Sue that what I wrote here in the blog and what I had in my head that Dr. Krekow had said about the regimen we decided on was totally wrong. This is what it will be:

Cytoxan + Epirubicin + 5-FU for 4 cycles (1 cycle given every three weeks) = 12 weeks total
followed by
Taxol for 12 cycles (1 cycle given every week) = 12 weeks total
for a total of 24 weeks or 6 months.

So this translates to more drugs, a more aggressive and therefore toxic regimen and thus more likely to lead to severe side effects, and a much longer regimen than I remembered.

I have no idea how I got this so wrong. She wrote everything down for us, and I'm pretty sure I had the sheet of paper she wrote on in front of me when I was writing the blog post with my description of the different regimens. What I wrote above is exactly what she wrote on the paper I have.

Not only do I feel like an idiot for insisting to Sue that Dr. Krekow wrote what I remembered and being totally wrong about that, I also now have to deal with the knowledge that my regimen is twice as long as I thought it was going to be.

Oh joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment